Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Whipped Cream Makes Everything Fancy

I love whipped cream's ability to make everything instantly more special.  Whipped cream on coffee?  Fancy caffeine.  Whipped cream on ice cream? Fancy dessert.  Whipped cream on pancakes? Fancy breakfast.

It's pretty easy for us to forget about Easter: we're both in college, we don't get time off and can't make it home, and neither of us are currently involved in organized religion*. Still, it's a special day, and I decided we should do something to recognize it, even if we only remembered because my phone popped up a little notification.  My solution?  A easy-to-make fancy-looking dessert through the magic of whipped cream.


Here's how I did it:

  • Obtain chocolate pudding.  We made ours from one of those little boxes of powder, but pudding is pudding in this case.  Put the pudding into mugs.
  • Crush up Easter-themed egg-shaped malt balls and put them on top of the pudding.
  • Top with whipped cream and an Oreo.
I am pleased to report that they were delicious.

____________
*Disorganized religion is more our cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment